While it hasn’t yet been listed for sale, the asking price for the designer five-bedroom home at 4352 26th Street has been set at $6.8 million or roughly $1,420 per finished square foot for the new 4,800-square-foot pad.

A sale at asking would make the 26th Street pad the second most expensive home in Noe Valley, behind the $7 million sale of 553 Elizabeth Street which fetched roughly $1,570 per finished square foot in June of 2015.

Both the 553 Elizabeth and 4352 26th Street properties were redeveloped by SF Modern with John Lum Architecture.

1. Posted by Notcom

What a disappointment to see the inside: I was hoping they had created a magnificent Victorian interior to counterpoint 553 Elizabeth ( and as a little joke, ‘cuz if you’re gonna pay $7M for this, you have a sense of humor).

2. Posted by Stop Driving

What a refreshingly non-beige interior. The exterior is on the bland side, but I love the inside. This should be a quick sell.

3. Posted by curmudgeon

I likee the wood.

4. Posted by Mikey woodz

They don’t know how to grain match?

• Posted by jwb

Came here to say this! It looks photoshopped almost.

• Posted by Noodle

I KNOW! They made no effort to sensibly match and arrange the veneers in the great room. The result looks terrible compared to what could have been thoughtfully executed.

5. Posted by Conifer

A thing of architectural beauty and a hotel forever!

6. Posted by gentrified is a dirty word for clean

Too much boring retro-modern veneer for my taste. And is that a kitchen or a boardroom? But I guess $6.8M is a steal for Lower Diamond Heights so one can’t be too picky.

7. Posted by bachman_erlich_overdrive

Seems overpriced and a little overwrought. I said $5.76mm before and I wish the developers suerte.

8. Posted by Just My Opinion

I think someone will buy this house, probably close to what is being asked, but take a look at this block. For nearly $7 million, one could do SO much better – do a comp run for $7 million homes sold in the past 12 months. More likely, if this house sells at this price, there will be a DECADE of construction on this street as everyone tries to cash in. And, by the way, this house much closer to Diamond Heights (and its weather and mojo) than it is to Noe and the Castro and the (much better) mojo IMO. It’s close to Safeway.

9. Posted by Mark F.

I like it.

10. Posted by really?

EVERY element of this home’s design is the very height of the current “on trend” – so it’s already beginning to look a bit dated. (could also be the benign staged furnishings) It’ll fetch the price though.

11. Posted by no_ vally

Thought this was a virtual clone of the 4318 26th Street design and location…that one listed for $4.5mm in March 2014 and sold for $5.3mm. Seems the high end (call it >$4mm) price point in Noe is softer now than in 2014, but guess this will be a good test.

12. Posted by BobN

I see (and don’t see) the mysterious electrical panel. Hmmmmmm…

13. Posted by Left My Ex In Noe

Lordy, this is a hot mess.

All the surfaces are finished with rectangles. Rectangles in wood, slate, & marble. That bathroom needs a little cache dish of potpourri and Dramamine. I never thought I’d be nostalgic for subway tile. The bedroom is a standard Four Seasons/L’Hermitage design from the 90’s making this home practically retro!

I’m so sorry this has happened to upper Noe /Diamond Heights.

14. Posted by really?

Nope. We lived up there and it was miserable in Summer. It would be hot until 2-3 and then the shroud would fall and it would be 50 degrees and windy. I can’t fathom paying this much to live there, 6.8 mill would buy you a pretty nice house down in the flats though without the view (of other people’s houses).