2680 Green Street

Purchased as a “fixer” for $3,100,000 in 2010, the Cow Hollow home at 2680 Green Street was gutted and renovated as a masterwork in sustainability and design and then hit the market listed for $13,000,000 this past June.

And after 132 days on the market without a reported sale or reduction, the listing for the LEED Platinum certified home was withdrawn from the MLS this afternoon.

1. Posted by Adam

Perhaps they should have kept some of this home’s character rather than throwing all of it into the dumpster. Those windows look like portals into an empty void.

2. Posted by jwb

The animal pelt practically shouts “sustainability!”

3. Posted by Zugamenzia Farnsworth

I like the exterior lighting. The torch-like fixtures flanking the windows remind me of Rome, where evening haunts boast actual flame torches for demarcation: inviting and clever. This facade is plain but the proportionally pleasing. I’m not sold on the plain-Jane black planters flanking the driveway, the big redo on Nob hill just put the same planters by a glass stairway. Severe black metal/(stone?) planters seem to be the go-to interior-exterior jazz-it-up accessory of the new millennium. In general I feel the exterior lighting is very good, while the interior does look a tad raped, as if the Vikings were there, and took most. I won’t mention the cylindrical planter by the front door, which will probably go out of style overnight.

4. Posted by djt

the passive house certification is really all that matters – the other stuff is just feel good. If they get it that’s a major achievement. The materials used on a house like this and the distances they traveled, and the gargantuan size, makes construction of it anything but green. But since operation of a house can use 10x the construction energy over its life, I give it a green thumbs up.

5. Posted by Joseph A

With that absurd price did anyone really think it would sell

6. Posted by BobN

Just for grins, I took the photo and drew in window panes, classic four over one. Looks so much better.

7. Posted by Mung

The rehabbers belong in jail! What a crime!

8. Posted by Drewski

What’s not to like about it? Maybe the price, but that will change and it will find a new and happy owner.

9. Posted by denis

Back at 13.5

10. Posted by denis

Sold at 12.9, so about 4% under asking. I’m going with.. moderate apple? Looks like some cosmetic upgrades. I’ve not checked DBI. So annual increases of not quite 2%.

• Posted by Notcom

I think I’m missing a fruit basket somewhere: this is a four-year old story, and at that point it was up for $13M, so are you saying it sold (then) for ~$12M ?? and if not what comparison are you drawing to get “2%/annum” ??

• Posted by Tipster

Sold in Oct 2014 for $12M.

• Posted by Notcom

Thanks !! Unfortunate these SocketSite “cliffhangers” sometimes go without a postscript.

• Posted by denis

Came back on the market a few weeks ago at 13.5 and sold 10/10/2018 for 12.9.

• Posted by denis

Sorry. I should have referenced the 2014 sale more clearly.