1096%20South%20Van%20Ness.jpg
Having raised $53,883 on Kickstarter to fund their final (dog) leg of construction of a mini-golf course within the former mortuary space at 1096 South Van Ness Avenue, Urban Putt is now shooting for an opening on Friday, April 18. But Urban Putt will likely have to open without a liquor license in hand.
Not too coincidently, Supervisor Campos has just introduced a bit of custom-tailored legislation which would amend the Mission Alcoholic Beverage Special Use District, “to allow mini-golf courses functionally and/or physically integrated with a restaurant use to obtain liquor licenses.”

1. Posted by The Milkshake of Despair

Man, talk about some pinpoint legislation. I can count the number of establishments that it will affect on one nose.
    Yeah, booze seems to fit well with this enterprise. Until then players who want to enhance their game will need to dope up beforehand. Imagine a bowling alley without beer.

2. Posted by Joel

I can’t wait to see all the restaurants with mini-golf courses opening in the next few years.

3. Posted by Sam

Liquor is quite necessary here, I’ve been to H street country club in DC, which is a fairly watered down verison of what’s being made here. Still fun however. I hope the prices aren’t as out of control as I assume they will be, probably be too crowded for me to try for a few months I imagine.
    On a different note, I’ve always loved the temple on 22nd street.

4. Posted by Rillion

Is mini-golf course defined in the legislatation? Just wondering how many sq ft you need to devote to a putting green to qualify.

5. Posted by The Milkshake of Despair

Rillion, you evil genius. I can see the headlines now: “Explosion of Ersatz Mini Golf Bars Floods Valencia With Sea of Liquor”

6. Posted by Sierrajeff

“Chain mini-golf nightclubs threaten local mom-and-pop mini-golf bars in Mission District”

7. Posted by Adam

Re-Named: The Moulin District.