January 14, 2014

8 Octavia Topped Out, Condos On Track For Summer Completion

8%20Octavia%201-14-14.jpg

The modern 47-unit building under construction at the intersection of Octavia and Market has topped out and 8 Octavia is on track to be ready for occupancy this summer.

8 Octavia Rendering

First Published: January 14, 2014 2:30 PM

Yet another architectural rendering that looks nothing like reality - I mean, no backup on northbound Octavia? C'mon.

Posted by: Sierrajeff at January 14, 2014 3:11 PM

This one is going to come down entirely to materials used. Still no way to tell if this will look like the rendering.

Posted by: OMN at January 14, 2014 4:06 PM

Sorry Sierrajeff but if you look at the actual photo you will see the rendering got the traffic right. It almost exactly matches.

Posted by: Rillion at January 14, 2014 4:33 PM

I've noticed the glass is much less green and a lot darker... Also haven't noticed any of the ugly glass blades on the facade yet, either.

Posted by: Rob at January 14, 2014 5:10 PM

Jeez guys, take a joke.

Besides, given how Octavia is every time I drive it, I stand by my snarkiness.

Posted by: Sierrajeff at January 14, 2014 5:24 PM

"Besides, given how Octavia is every time I drive it, I stand by my snarkiness."

I agree with you. OCtavia is a disaster and im still in favor of bringing back the central freeway.

Posted by: moto mayhem at January 14, 2014 6:55 PM

has this place started selling? don't tell me it has already sold out...

Posted by: another condo at January 14, 2014 6:58 PM

SO far this one is turning out better than the rendering. The contrast of glass and concrete will be very striking, and the overhanging windows on the main Market/Octavia corner is much more engaging than you'd imagine.

Posted by: James at January 14, 2014 8:14 PM

Posted by: rubber_chicken at January 15, 2014 6:21 PM

What about the back? Are there any renderings of the view from the south side of Market between Valencia and Gough? Right now there's a massive concrete wall flanked by narrow-spaced studs.

Posted by: Neighbor at January 15, 2014 6:40 PM

Neighbor, there appears to be a large window in the center third of the back wall. At least, the current construction has a large rectangular hole in the poured concrete that I assume will be filled with glass.

Posted by: James at January 15, 2014 7:16 PM

Topped out in Jan, and units ready by summer? Best case end of 2014. You heard it here...

Posted by: Developer at January 16, 2014 8:31 AM