May 16, 2012

Julius & Julia

3377 Pacific Avenue Living

Julia Morgan designed in 1908 overlooking the Presidio (and Julius Kahn playground today), the six bedroom home at 3377 Pacific Avenue has returned to the market listed for $11,500,000 having last traded for $4,750,000 in 1998 and remodeled in-between.

3377 Pacific Avenue Wine Cellar

The Presidio Heights property now features a six burner Thermador range in the kitchen; a five car garage; four full bathrooms; a legitimate three (thousand) bottle wine cellar; two powder rooms; and one rather fine backyard (both literally and figuratively speaking).

3377 Pacific Avenue

∙ Listing: 3377 Pacific Avenue (6/5) - $11,500,000 [smithtaylorsf.com]

First Published: May 16, 2012 3:00 PM

This is a beautiful house! Love the real wine cellar and tasting room, plus there is enough parking for the whole family!

Posted by: Marina Boy at May 16, 2012 3:31 PM

Those huge wine cellars still make me laugh - but to each his own.

Posted by: lolcat_94123 at May 16, 2012 3:32 PM

Outstanding home. Seems a bit high on price. Who knows these days. Everything is selling and fast. Anyone know the sq ft?

There is a lightly updated home in the marina that is going to close of 700k over its 2010 sale price.

Posted by: eddy at May 16, 2012 3:53 PM

Wow. This house is beautiful. I want it! Although, I'd have to buy a lot of $.05 wine at BevMo to fill that cellar - I'd be broke after shelling out $11M+ on a house. Still, looks very lovely and there are some lucky (future) owners out there...

Posted by: nancydrew99 at May 16, 2012 3:58 PM

Stunning - mostly on the inside! One of my favorite homes I have seen on the MLS. The only "concern" I would have is that it looks like to gain access to the 5 car garage, one has to drive down an rather narrow alley. In general, I absolutely love it!

Posted by: PPC at May 16, 2012 4:21 PM

Lovely home.

There's very little move-in ready inventory that compares to this property. The price seems high, but when you compare it to the big fixers on the market, it probably pencils-out as a relatively realistic price...

Posted by: Joshua at May 16, 2012 4:23 PM

way overpriced

will ultimately trade south of $10 million

fair price = less than $7 million

Posted by: johnny at May 16, 2012 5:14 PM

Wow. What an elegant abode. I'd move right in and the only think I'd put out on the curb is that bar cart in photo #21. No, wait, better to put it on EBay to help pay the mortgage.

Posted by: BobN at May 16, 2012 6:54 PM

Beautiful house but I don't understand why the Presidio Wall is considered to be such a prime/prestigious location. Can anyone explain this to me?

Posted by: Just Looking at May 16, 2012 7:18 PM

@Just Looking

the Presidio Wall is nice because it is relatively quiet. It is relatively safe. If you have kids, it is convenient to be near such a nice park. the view of the trees and bay are tranquil, especially for a family w/kids.

It's just pleasant.

nevertheless, this prop is just overpriced at the current ask.

Posted by: johnny at May 16, 2012 7:35 PM

The list price for 3377 Pacific Avenue has just been reduced $1,500,000 (13%), now asking $10,000,000.

Posted by: SocketSite at September 21, 2012 6:13 AM

The sale of 3377 Pacific Avenue closed escrow today with a reported contract price of $9,600,000, 17 percent under its original list price.

Posted by: SocketSite at November 21, 2012 12:04 PM