176 Palm Kitchen
As we wrote this past June:

Listed for $2,995,000 in October 2007, the totally renovated 176 Palm closed escrow in November 2007 with a contract price of $3,100,000.

Back in the market for two weeks without a sale in September 2009 asking $3,100,000, the Jordan Park home is now back on the market in 2010 and listed for $3,150,000.

Withdrawn from the market in July without a sale, as a plugged-in reader notes today, “It’s Baaaack.” And it’s back to being listed for $2,995,000 with just one (1) day on the market and no reductions according to those official industry “state of the market” stats.
∙ Listing: 176 Palm (4/4.5) – $2,995,000 [MLS]
176 Palm: Apples To Apples To Asking In 2009 [SocketSite]
From Couch To Kitchen To BBQ And Back In No Time Flat: 176 Palm [SocketSite]

1. Posted by Q

Again with the unreadable blue prints. Agents, why do you post these pictures?

2. Posted by R

Try “Ctrl +”

3. Posted by Rex

What is Yellow Door Realty? And what makes them think they can get 2007 prices, today???

4. Posted by Conifer

Why do they take decoration off the facades of nice old SF houses?
    Why do they take out pocket doors between the entry hall and the living room?
    How can this possibly increase the value of the house?

5. Posted by Ryan

This same picture is on houzz ipad app. Funny to see it again.

6. Posted by Q

@R: Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, the pic disappeared before I could try that out. I tried to blow up the previous listing where I had a similar issue and the text was too fuzzy to read.

7. Posted by ex SF-er

I really like this place and think it shows well in pictures.
    only thing I can think of that’s “wrong” with it (outside of the price maybe) is that it’s not quite the greatest micro-neighborhood, and may be a bit close to Geary?
    I’d live here.
    the front facade needs a little something but the rest is really well done. My favorite thing is the red tile accent column in the bathroom for whatever reason.

8. Posted by The Milkshake of Despair

Q – You can still view the floorplan at http://mediall.rapmls.com/sfarmls/listingpics/bigphoto/060/374860_19.jpg?tsp=20100826102036 though expect that too to be removed soon.

9. Posted by NoeValleyJim

Jordan Park is super nice. I think it is one of the under appreciated neighborhoods in San Francisco.
    This particular house is right across the street from a Middle School though, which isn’t so great.

10. Posted by Mikey

All eight blocks of it.

11. Posted by Augustus

$3.15m for this, at the edge of Jordan Park.
    $3.525m for 3953 Sacramento, inappropriately modernized, at the edge of Presidio Heights.
    Or just a few months ago…
    the (non-apple) 2507 Pacific for $2.5m, on one of the best blocks of Pacific Heights. Of course to get this, you need to be a close insider, and smart.

12. Posted by Q

@MOD, thanks! That one is actually usable when blown up. I like the layout.

13. Posted by eddy

2507 Pacific. That was a 1 in million fixer that will be back for $6M in 2011-2012. Several Jordan Park homes have sold recently in this range. I think at $2.8 both places have a better shot of finding a buyer.

14. Posted by Augustus

Yes eddy, and never on the open market. The foolish (or deceived) seller could have got a lot more.
    “1 in million” reflects poorly on the real estate “professionals.”

15. Posted by eddy

I’m very aware of the 2507 situation. It remains one of my unsolved mysteries in D7.

16. Posted by Augustus

Somehow, I have a feeling you or almost anyone could figure this one out. Anyone except apparently the seller, who is poorer than he might have been by half a million or more.

17. Posted by SocketSite

The listing for 176 Palm has once again been withdrawn from the MLS without a reported sale. Once again, purchased for $3,100,000 in November 2007 and last asking $2,995,000 prior to being withdrawn.