March 25, 2010

Three Different Perspectives On (Or From) 117 Lower Terrace

117 Lower Terrace: Facade

117 Lower Terrace from the front, from the inside...

117 Lower Terrace: Living

And behind.

117 Lower Terrace: Rear

∙ Listing: 117 Lower Terrace (3/2) - $1,649,000 [MLS] [Map]
Spaces fresh and familiar (117 Lower Terrace) [www.jrstudiodesign.com]

First Published: March 25, 2010 1:15 PM

There must be a story behind why this one is for sale..... Is it being sold furnished?

Posted by: Ronald at March 25, 2010 1:42 PM

This neighborhood always surprises me. Homes with little curb appeal open up to stunning views.

Posted by: Bean Girl at March 25, 2010 2:30 PM

Seems very small from the pics. No sq. ft. listed that I see.

Posted by: curmudgeon at March 25, 2010 3:18 PM

Ha! You'd never know what lurks behind that bland facade. Everything else is great-looking, though.

Posted by: dch at March 25, 2010 3:48 PM

I think all of the money went into the deck and backyard. I used to walk by this when it was done. Still looks good, but 1.6?

Posted by: grumpy at March 25, 2010 4:23 PM

Unless there's been a real (and not illusiory) uptick, 1.6 seems like alot to me.

Posted by: curmudgeon at March 25, 2010 5:13 PM

in Escrow before the first open house. Must be something to it.

Posted by: Ronald at March 25, 2010 7:11 PM

Yes, Ronald, I agree. That something is: "There is no accounting for taste." The living room looks like a NYC shoebox with a flat screen and a picture window stuffed inside.

Posted by: stucco-sux at March 25, 2010 7:37 PM

From the front, and from the inside is meh.

From behind is awesome. But then again, I've always been an ass man.

Posted by: cosmokramer at March 25, 2010 10:21 PM

really Ronald? that's ridunkulous. Cosmo has the best post of the week....

Posted by: curmudgeon at March 25, 2010 11:44 PM

The market has had an uptick. It's an uptick from 15 months of a relatively weak market. It's now the second market since the bull run of three and a half years. Don't look at the distant peaks, regard the new plateau.

Posted by: anonn at March 26, 2010 8:03 AM

wow, that's poetic anonn! Perhaps we should go back to Haikus.

little box big views
Don't look back at distant peaks
regard new plateau

Are you at all surprised to see this place to go into contract so fast? Do you think this is partially the power of style over substance? I can't help but think that once the furniture is removed, there may be some buyer's remorse. But I haven't seen it, and the pics didn't even show all the beds and baths(which makes me even more suspicious, frankly, but I assume there were more pics coming).

Joel and his partners are nice guys, so bravo for market timing if this sale is completed.

Posted by: curmudgeon at March 26, 2010 9:05 AM

partner, sorry. Didn't mean to imply there was a big love situation up on Roosevelt.

Posted by: curmudgeon at March 26, 2010 9:07 AM

PS has it at 852 ft², so $1.6mm, so the /ft² is off the charts. No permits shown for any expansion space, so this makes no sense relative to the market.

Posted by: Geo at March 26, 2010 11:58 AM

My theory of houses perched on an incline: "small in front, sweet in back."

Posted by: EH at March 26, 2010 12:24 PM