117 Lower Terrace: Facade
117 Lower Terrace: Living
And behind.
117 Lower Terrace: Rear
∙ Listing: 117 Lower Terrace (3/2) – $1,649,000 [MLS] [Map]
Spaces fresh and familiar (117 Lower Terrace) [www.jrstudiodesign.com]

1. Posted by Ronald

There must be a story behind why this one is for sale….. Is it being sold furnished?

2. Posted by Bean Girl

This neighborhood always surprises me. Homes with little curb appeal open up to stunning views.

3. Posted by curmudgeon

Seems very small from the pics. No sq. ft. listed that I see.

4. Posted by dch

Ha! You’d never know what lurks behind that bland facade. Everything else is great-looking, though.

5. Posted by grumpy

I think all of the money went into the deck and backyard. I used to walk by this when it was done. Still looks good, but 1.6?

6. Posted by curmudgeon

Unless there’s been a real (and not illusiory) uptick, 1.6 seems like alot to me.

7. Posted by Ronald

in Escrow before the first open house. Must be something to it.

8. Posted by stucco-sux

Yes, Ronald, I agree. That something is: “There is no accounting for taste.” The living room looks like a NYC shoebox with a flat screen and a picture window stuffed inside.

9. Posted by cosmokramer

From the front, and from the inside is meh.
    From behind is awesome. But then again, I’ve always been an ass man.

10. Posted by curmudgeon

really Ronald? that’s ridunkulous. Cosmo has the best post of the week….

11. Posted by anonn

The market has had an uptick. It’s an uptick from 15 months of a relatively weak market. It’s now the second market since the bull run of three and a half years. Don’t look at the distant peaks, regard the new plateau.

12. Posted by curmudgeon

wow, that’s poetic anonn! Perhaps we should go back to Haikus.
    little box big views
    Don’t look back at distant peaks
    regard new plateau
    Are you at all surprised to see this place to go into contract so fast? Do you think this is partially the power of style over substance? I can’t help but think that once the furniture is removed, there may be some buyer’s remorse. But I haven’t seen it, and the pics didn’t even show all the beds and baths(which makes me even more suspicious, frankly, but I assume there were more pics coming).
    Joel and his partners are nice guys, so bravo for market timing if this sale is completed.

13. Posted by curmudgeon

partner, sorry. Didn’t mean to imply there was a big love situation up on Roosevelt.

14. Posted by Geo

PS has it at 852 ft², so $1.6mm, so the /ft² is off the charts. No permits shown for any expansion space, so this makes no sense relative to the market.

15. Posted by EH

My theory of houses perched on an incline: “small in front, sweet in back.”