737 Buena Vista West
Designed by Edward Vogel and built for one of the Spreckels, the five-bedroom 737 Buena Vista West was subsequently home to Jack London, Ambrose Bierce and Graham Nash.
The last we heard it was Danny Glover’s house and it’s been available for rent since January, (asking $14,000 per month). And yes, that gorgeous gate is right next door.
Photo above by “sigsegv” (but edited slightly by us).
$14000 / 5br – Furnished Buena Vista Grand Residence [amsires.com] [Craigslist]
No Real Story, It Simply Seemed Ever So San Francisco [SocketSite]

1. Posted by spitpalm

Is Danny Glover becoming a full time Oregonian now like the rest of San Francisco?

2. Posted by vapor

I thought we were all moving to Oakland (myself included–maybe)

3. Posted by OMG

What a crumby Web site! You have to click on each picture to view. I didn’t even make it past Pic #2. Ugh. Pffft. Lazy property manager/listing agent. Yeah, and so am I. So what? :)
    If I had time to click thru all the pix, might consider renting it. :P

4. Posted by stucco-sux

Gasp. Lady Ga-Gasp! I love that house. No wonder whomever owns it would rather miss 10 months of rent than sell it. Dear owner: That house needs a happy ghost to haunt it. So if I can, I will!

5. Posted by lolcat_94123

@OMG –
    calm down. ;) it took me 2s to figure out how to view them all:

6. Posted by ruby

what a bitchin place
    I have always liked Danny Glover, especially in the flicks he has done w/Mel Gibson

7. Posted by Smiling Millionaire

Nice house. Anyone know the inside scoop…is possibly going to be for sale? I might be interested.

8. Posted by Wayne Clark

I lived at 737 while it was being sold by Robert Dean Turner he was selling it foe $135,000. I came home one day after a “Lamplighters” rehearsal and Terry Demari was there buying antiques and he asked me to audition for “Hello Dolly” with Carol Channing, that is how I ended up in the New York theatre world ! ! !
    I love that house ! ! !