October 29, 2008

Another Address Change And Listing On Raycliff Terrace: Number 27

27 Raycliff from Broderick (www.SocketSite.com)

Designed by William Wurster in 1949, renovated by Sandy Walker in 1996, and last sold on 1/13/2004 with a reported contract price of $3,383,500 (listed for $3,995,000), 27 Raycliff (previously known as 25 Raycliff) is once again coming soon.

27 Raycliff Terrace: Floor Plan

A great courtyard, “glimpses” of the Bay and Broadway homes, and one sweet front door.

27 Raycliff: Front Door

Now asking $4,250,000. And perhaps drafting a bit off of the sale of the house next door.

∙ Coming Soon: 27 Raycliff Terrace (4/4.5) - $4,250,000 [sfproperties.com]
Previous Listing (2003): 25 Raycliff Terrace - $3,995,000 [sfproperties.com]
William Wilson Wurster, Architect [wikipedia.org]
The SocketSite Scoop On 37 Raycliff Terrace (A.K.A. 2799 Broadway [SocketSite]

First Published: October 29, 2008 6:07 PM

Yeah, this is the house I mentioned in the previous post. I look forward to seeing if they did anything in the interior. It wasn't in spectacular shape before and I can't remember seeing any construction taking place (or maybe I was distracted by the major remodel at Gavin's old pad a few doors down). I'm sure Malin will stage the home brilliantly. Anyway, nothing is a sure bet right now, but the location and price are too perfect to pass up. Apocalypse or no, this will sell within two weeks.

Posted by: sleepiguy at October 29, 2008 7:35 PM

nice.

admirably bold call.

Posted by: paco at October 29, 2008 8:38 PM

I agree with sleepiguy. This will be a quick sale. Heck may even be a 4.25MM tear down.

Posted by: Ryan at October 29, 2008 10:27 PM

If they could call it 2799 1/2 Broadway it would sell for a few Mils more.

Posted by: San FronziScheme at October 30, 2008 7:33 AM

probably can't tear down a "Wurster," even an uninspired one.

Posted by: Nicole at October 30, 2008 8:23 AM

The Walker renovation was not especially sympathetic to the Wurster original. Fanlights? I don't think so. More endangered however, is the Gardner Dailey next door.

Posted by: Rocco at October 30, 2008 9:59 AM

Whoever buys this place can have it. Has potential though...

Posted by: eddy at October 30, 2008 11:12 AM

it does look a little more like my dorm from college from this picture than a 4 million dollar trophy property. i hope Malin stages it with a scarface poster and a nerf basketball hoop on the back of the front door.

Posted by: Anon at October 30, 2008 11:35 AM

I kind of like it, but there's a lot out there I like better. It would be a good family home, you could contain the kid mess downstairs. I think it will sell, but that the people who would really like a house like that the most aren't looking in that neighborhood.

Looking at the 2003 listing, it's clear that the right staging will make all the difference. I also have to wonder if they've opened up that claustrophobic kitchen. If they did, it would be tons better all around.

Posted by: kthnxybe at October 30, 2008 1:07 PM

The door is amazing.

Posted by: Katy Dinner at October 31, 2008 10:22 AM

Posted by: sleepiguy at November 5, 2008 7:36 PM

It's up on MLS now. They don't seem to have done a whole lot with it, but the downstairs family room is beautiful.

Posted by: kthnxybe at November 6, 2008 10:44 AM

And I think it's in contract...

Posted by: sleepiguy at November 8, 2008 10:08 PM

I heard this was in contract in 24 hours and closes escrow next week. Great staging to play up the mid-century contempo feel. Who did Malin use?

Posted by: DZinerSF at November 21, 2008 7:53 AM