402 Sanchez
The original (and still active) listing photos for 402 Sanchez: Above
The new price: $1,234,050 (previously $1,299,000, originally $1,350,000)
The new notes: “Interior has been repainted with neutral colors” and “Now on lockbox!”
The last pre non-neutral paint and remodel sale: $1,200,000 (on 10/24/2006)
∙ Listing: 402 Sanchez (2/2) – $1,234,050 [MLS]

1. Posted by Spencer

this place will go for under $1M.

2. Posted by Foolio

Still too expensive, in my book. This one has a ways to go, yet.

3. Posted by sfbear

$1,234,050?
    Why not $1,234,567?
    But I agree it more likely to sell for $987,654.

4. Posted by unearthly

Looks like District 5 could be next… This house is still overpriced @ > $1100/sqft. I’ve been looking for a house in 5-A, 5-C, and 9-A, something I can fix up and every one is selling at close to $1000/sqft (103 Ellsworth @ $900k+, 1779 Sanchez @ $950k+, 526 Chenerey, etc.). Who buys a fixer at $1000/sqft?

5. Posted by garrett

those are neutral colors? bright pink, green and blue?? yowzer, i’d hate to see aggressive colors…

6. Posted by NoeValleyJim

I just got a flyer from a Real Estate agent: 1779 Sanchez sold for $1M ($1033/sq ft).

7. Posted by unearthly

I spoke with the listing agent and he said as much. IMO > $1000/sqft for a house stuck in the 1950’s is hard to justify… You can see the interior here: 1779 Sanchez. This house was actually a trust sale.

8. Posted by mk92

garrett: pretty sure those pics are before the repainting

9. Posted by resp

Sorry I haven’t looked at homes in this district for awhile and musta been asleep at the wheel – can someone explain why Sanchez street should command anything near $1000/sqft?? esp when we’re squabbling about much smaller district 7 condos getting $925/sqft. is it the weather, noe valley families, schools, relatively low price for a SFH despite the size? thanks

10. Posted by urban_angst

Is that a “sleeping loft” I see as bedroom #2?
    I mean, WTF?
    This is really just a 1 BR for over $1.2M.

11. Posted by invented

Add $125K for a facade restoration. Anyone notice the asbestos shingle clad exterior? There’s no shame here.

12. Posted by fred

In fairness, the stated square footage of a house may not include basement or porch areas etc., and a house has expansion potential compared to a condo, so it is not an apples to apples comparison.

13. Posted by jamesa

Aside from the change in paint colors, was there a change in the original listing agent?