1501 Greenwich  #604: Floor Plan
Four months ago we provided the scoop on the transformation (as in complete razing and rebuild) of 2655 Van Ness from a 27,000 square foot office building into twenty-nine (29) new condominiums with a more upscale 1501 Greenwich address. And a few weeks later a plugged-in (and quite resourceful) reader found the floor plans which were then taken offline within 20 minuets of our alerting the readers.
And thanks to a plugged-in tipster, we now know that the website is back online complete with floor plans (including square footage), very rough pricing (one-bedrooms from the high $500,00s; two-bedrooms from the high $900,000s; and three-bedrooms from the high $1,600,000s), and a brand new moniker and mouthful of a tag line: “The Greenwich – Where Russian Hill Meets Cow Hollow, Sophisticated Living Meets The Urban Lifestyle.”
1501 Greenwich: Twenty-Nine New Condominiums Coming Soon [SocketSite]
1501 Greenwich: A Plugged-In Reader Finds The Floor Plans [SocketSite]

1. Posted by gh

“The Greenwich: Where Heavily-Traveled Franklin Street meets the Van Ness Corridor”
    “Sophisticated living” is about seven blocks away, either east or west.
    Still looks like an Embassy Suites to me.

2. Posted by lms

Overpriced.. 585 Square foot 1 bedrooms priced in the high 5′s?? They must be joking…

3. Posted by re

At one point it was an office building. The most recent use had been an indoor and outdoor private tennis court for an individual. Type in google maps and you’ll see the tennis court on the roof.

4. Posted by missionbayres

“two-bedrooms from the high $900,000s”
    With 2 bedroom units starting at 920 square feet, we’re looking at well over $1000/sqft for these units. If they sell at these prices, I would be pleasantly surprised…

5. Posted by S&S

Sheesh, these developers must know many more millionaires in SF or millionaires who want to live in SF than I do. 2 BR from high $900k??? Not this year.

6. Posted by S&S

Oh, wait. I take that back. It’s still a seller’s market here in SF. These units will fly! *rolls eyes*

7. Posted by anon

@ S&S – exactly! This is one of those new home developments that has recently cropped up out of nowhere – used to be a vacant piece of land – I wouldn’t dare of looking at these places right now, soon they will be selling for hundreds of thousands less than the original asking price, most of them will be in foreclosure or in short sales. You will be able to get a real bargain. Just hold on tight and wait it out.
    Seriously, you guys really do *crack me up*. You have no earthly idea!

8. Posted by anonny

This building is in one of the best locations w/ Polk, Chestnut, and Union St. all right there. The view facing West also is great. I wouldn’t sell this place short. just like I wouldn’t sell the new units on Steiner and Lombard shot.

9. Posted by t.romo

What a pathetic exchange between S&S and anon. Grow up!
    Come with an insightful take or don’t come at all.
    [Editor's Note: We don't care if you're bullish, bearish, or market neutral, but we will have to agree with t.romo on this one (and have removed the last three throwaway comments).]

10. Posted by Amen Corner

The location is mixed imo. It is certainly walkable to both Polk and Union, but otoh this is the busy part of Van Ness and you’ve got Franklin one block to the west as well. The units are priced higher than I was expecting, but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they sold for those prices.

11. Posted by thisisyourleader

“Anonymous” who posted after S&S stated that “this used to be a vacant piece of land”. However it’s clear that s/he has no idea what they are talking about and haven’t done their homework. It says in the article DIRECTLY ABOVE that it used to be a 27,000 square foot office building. You’re a genius, anonymous.

12. Posted by anon

@thisisyourleader – I was being tongue-in-cheek, my friend. Teasing. Poking fun. You know?

13. Posted by Jim

I have read the mostly negative comments. The market place appears to be dismissing you nabobs of negativity. I understand 17 units are in contract a few of the homes have closed for more than asking.

14. Posted by NOreason4Lies

I currently am doing a model on this floor plan and I think it so cool. I love the detail and character of the design, it really has changed over time and I like it.