273 Shipley #B
There’s no doubt 273 Shipley #B is compact (835 square feet), yet it offers a traditional bedroom plus loft over three levels; a wall of south facing (albeit shaded) windows and skylights; a gas range, wood burning fireplace, and washer/dryer in the unit (plus parking outside); and a list price of $585,000.
Oh, and lest we forget, “a lovely yard with a New Zealand Christmas tree!” (We’re assuming that’s a good thing.)
∙ Listing: 273 Shipley #B (2/1) – $585,000 [MLS]

1. Posted by Pete

It’s the parking that kills it for me – tons of vehicle break-ins on that block, and uncovered, ungated parking? No thanks.

2. Posted by annette

The New Zealand Christmas tree is the Pohutukawa, and its bright red flowers bloom in the NZ summer (i.e. around Christmas). As an expat NZer I am happy to see them all around San Francisco. All the trees I see around SF are still relatively young — and by the looks of it so is the one in the picture. Personally I think it would be madness to plant it it a small courtyard as the trunks can get very big.

3. Posted by Observer

Great to know the name of the tree, they are so robust and seem to be one of the few trees that can really stand up to the wind in this city and now get all bent out of shape… unlike the new trees in Mission Bay at 4th & King

4. Posted by badlydrawnbear

I actually really like this place but I agree with Pete about the parking … and the location in general is not that great … of course if it was better located it would be a couple 100k more sooooo

5. Posted by BT

Very smart not to show any views of Sixth Street from any of the windows. Otherwise, you’d have to knock at least $200k+ off the price. The deal breaker is definitely the unsecured parking.

6. Posted by johnson

835 Sq. Ft. in skid row…sweet. I’ll pass.