As we wrote early last year:

Designed by the owner-architect, Mary Maydan of Maydan Architecture, and built on a quarter-acre Palo Alto lot back in 2005, the still contemporary home at 925 Addison Street is now on the market with an $8.995 million price tag.

The five-bedroom home measures 3,369 square feet and features a signature floating staircase.

A modern kitchen adjoins the open family room with walls of glass as well as the formal dining area which opens to a terrace for dining outdoors.

And at the rear of the lot, an 1,100-square-foot guest house offers an additional bedroom, kitchen, two baths, an office and a gym.

Three months later, in July of 2017, the sale of 925 Addison Avenue closed escrow with a contract price of $8.4 million. And today, the home is back on the market with an $8.5 million price tag.  If you think you know the market in Palo Alto, now’s the time to tell.

1. Posted by matteo

i wonder why this property is blurred-out in goggle map?!!

2. Posted by steve

there is no way this house sells for asking. as I remarked a year ago, it was extremely well sold at $8.4M. for that price, I’d much rather have this PA home, although both have oddly small bedrooms — and it has been sitting at $7.9M

• Posted by Metroliner

Woah. ALL of those design trends already look very dated.

• Posted by Brian M

Maybe because my ideal house (albeit not located in the LA hills) would be Case Study House #22 by the sadly departed Pierre Koenig, your “dated” is my “ideal”. But then, I sometimes watch American Psycho just for the interior design!

• Posted by civ-e

wouldn’t the price fluctuations of this property be driven more by value of a quarter acre lot in palo alto rather than the relative attractiveness of the building itself?

• Posted by steve

no. the price for a lot this size (< 1/4 acre) in this neighborhood is far below what this will sell for (as unfortunate (specific?) as some elements of the architect design is). no buyer will scrap this house.

3. Posted by Mark F.

I do really like this place. But what a price tag!

4. Posted by Footie

Reminds me of 2712 Broadway in SF (which is nothing to aspire to).

5. Posted by Posted by Brahma (incensed renter)

I don’t think I “know the market in Palo Alto”, especially for unique, “still contemporary” homes like this one, but I will go out on a limb and say that the seller’s going to take a haircut. They are not going to get $8.5M. More like $7.8M

6. Posted by Robert

I am so sick of ugly artsy fartsy (look how educated I am) homes. Places like this ruin San Francisco. Just look around at the past attempts to “modernize” the city. City hall needs to put a stop to this. Its cold and ugly.