December 5, 2013

Opened Up Then Divided, And Fired Up Inside And Out

142%2027th%20Street%20%23A%20Living.jpg

While the living area has been opened up, the front bedroom of the top-floor Noe condo at 142 27th Street has been divided in order to create space for a nursery (click triptych to enlarge).

And on a chilly morning following a chilly eve, our attention is divided between the wood burning fireplace in the living room and the built-in fire pit out back:

142%2027th%20Street%20%23A%20Back.jpg

∙ Listing: 142 27th Street #A (2/1) 1,300 sqft - $879,000 [Coldwell Banker]

First Published: December 5, 2013 10:15 AM

I thought that open fires (aka what the proverbial fire pit is built for) were prohibited in SF.

Posted by: Nelson at December 5, 2013 10:58 AM

Good value for the money. Appealing design and use of materials. I appreciate that they didn't feel the need to slap granite on every kitchen and bathroom surface. Based on previous threads, some readers may object to the attic conversion.

Posted by: Sausalito_res at December 5, 2013 11:36 AM

The assessor's map still lists this as a 1 BR/1BA, as you might expect from the nursery conversion. Still a lot of space to work with.

Posted by: Gur at December 5, 2013 12:27 PM

What's with all these open floorplans?

Posted by: soccermom at December 5, 2013 12:32 PM

On a per square foot basis I guess this unit looks like good value but just based on the pictures it seems an awkward layout that would be OK for a couple of years but not on a longer term basis. I guess if you must live in Noe...but even in this market I think $879,000 may be better spent elsewhere.

Posted by: Willow at December 5, 2013 2:17 PM

There is another sizeable bedroom in addition to what's shown here, plus a bonus room and a laundry room (and basement storage room.) Not sure why the assessors map has it listed as a 1 bedroom. It is a generous 2 bedroom.

Posted by: Lindsay at December 9, 2013 1:50 PM

I saw this condo over the weekend, great use of space! Loved the fact that it had in unit laundry and a beautiful entertainment space in the backyard. There is a bonus space off the great room with additional storage-nice spot to read a book or nap. The large front room had an amazing reclaimed wood divider and set for a nursery but it would be an awesome walk-in closet with master! Big space and love layout!

Posted by: Debbie at December 9, 2013 6:40 PM

I saw this house at Saturday's open house. Layout works well. I would use the nursery as a walk in closet. Both bedrooms are large, and there is an extra room for a library/music room that isn't listed. Fun backyard. Don't know why the assessor lists wrong info on so many houses.

Posted by: Deb at December 9, 2013 7:52 PM

I really love the large front room with the nursery side-great idea! The kitchen is large and the backyard is lovely. This street is so perfect for transportation-muni, bart and all the tech buses are so close. I am going to see it again for the night tour on Thursday.

Posted by: Yolanda at December 10, 2013 12:53 PM

I thought that the weather was going to warm up. Still seems kind of shilly.

Posted by: The Milkshake of Despair at December 10, 2013 1:31 PM

LOL, hadn't seen anything that obvious in a while, MOD. Is this a sign of the coming correction? I hope so!

Posted by: curmudgeon at December 10, 2013 1:56 PM

'Yolanda' was a nice touch, though I was hoping for commensurate verbiage to really paint the picture.

Posted by: soccermom at December 10, 2013 2:30 PM