535 Mission: Site (Image Source: MapJack.com)
Boston Properties has completed its acquisition of the 535 Mission Street development site for $71.0 million and expects to recommence construction on the approved HOK-designed 27-story office tower within weeks, hoping to finish the project by the fall of 2014.
535 Mission Street: Rendering (Image Source: Simon & Associates)
Having prepped the site for construction in early 2008, Beacon Capital Partners suspended construction that October with the markets in turmoil and rents headed the wrong way. The 378 foot tower will yield approximately 307,000 square feet of office and retail space.
Approved For Residential, But Building Commercial (535 Mission) [SocketSite]
535 Mission Update: Parking Lot Closed And About To Break Ground? [SocketSite]
535 Mission Street: From Office To Residential To Office To Suspended [SocketSite]

1. Posted by sf

How many of the Transbay plots are still for sale?

2. Posted by Invented

Googlicious

3. Posted by spencer

so, is it residential or office now? i cant keep up

4. Posted by The Milkshake of Despair

I like how you can see the stump of 1 Rincon rising in the background of that first empty lot photo.

5. Posted by Patrick

The demo of the former Heald College bldg at 350 Mission for a 30-story tower, along with the Transbay Terminal has really made it hard to get around in this area. With this added to the mix, it will be impossible! Sure will be nice when it’s all done though. There is that to look forward to.

6. Posted by Mike

Thank goodness!
    I walk by this spot every day on my way to work and it’s turned into a popular camping spot for the homeless. Glad to hear it will be put to better use!

7. Posted by Turin

I’d love to see some new renderings of this. When it gets started it will rise very fast. The site is shored, the pilings are in and a lot (if not all) of what they filled it with is relatively easy-to-remove rock. Plus they already have the steel and I think the glazing. I’ve been looking forward to seeing this completed for a long time.
    spencer: It’s office.

8. Posted by OohAhhh

Looks like the crown of the St. Regis fell on the ground. But I love it!

9. Posted by Brad

Now if only someone would develop the empty lot across the street. It’s a disgusting homeless camp by night.

10. Posted by Tobias

Why so short? Aren’t these lots zoned for higher towers. Seems like most of the recent proposals are coming in far short of what is allowed.

11. Posted by formidable doer of the nasty

I hope they tear down Salt House and erect a wireframe just like that.

12. Posted by aahuatzi

They should really raise the height of this magnificent tower, you have the Millennium tower which is about 600ft, the Transbay tower which is 1,000ft, 50 first project, which even though on hold, would rise 900ft, and 600ft, and finally there’s 181 Fremont which would rise 800ft. A 378ft tower is not the best size for a tower which would look minuscule in the future. I see 600-800 a more appropriate high limit.

13. Posted by Turin

Brad – that lot is the proposal aahuatzi mentioned at 50 First. As he or she mentioned, it’s on hold for financial reasons (last I recall the owner was filing for bankruptcy) and I don’t recall where it was in the approval process. It was a great-looking proposal though. and I hope it comes back to life before long.

14. Posted by futurist

At the same time, when there are other towers at lower heights it does add more visual interest and variety to the skyline.
    I actually like the height of this proposed building, as is.