Over six thousand square feet with big rooms, windows, terraces and room to play. Welcome to a weekend at 9 Bernice. We’ve got winners.

9 Bernice Gym

And a drink (or two) on the terrace after.

9 Bernice Terrace

∙ Listing: 9 Bernice (3/2) 6,200 sqft – $3,595,000 [9BerniceLoft.com]

1. Posted by CH

Awesome. Wonder who they’re targeting…

2. Posted by johnny

what a bitchin place.
    haven’t seen a piece this cool for sale in a long long time
    only question is how does a person sleep w/all of the light flowing in
    probably overpriced because of the neighborhood it sits in

3. Posted by JustMe

Pimpin’ pad, but very pricey, I think. Is Zuckerberg into this stuff?

4. Posted by derrysf

They were probably smart to list it before SF Eagle directly next door reopens in one configuration or other.

5. Posted by Brahma (incensed renter)

CH wrote: Awesome. Wonder who they’re targeting…
    By way of giving my non-expert opinion of the answer to this query, I’ll just quote, wholesale, one of the comments from the thread on 110 Freelon:

There are plenty of young, single internet millionaires who will jump at this, I think. Comes with bragging rights for one of the coolest bachelor pads in the city.
    Posted by: jlasf at April 13, 2011 11:02 AM

Couldn’t have said it better and also applies to this property. 110 Freelon was also a 3/2 but with 4,430 ft² and was asking $3,100,000 in April of last year. I’ll go out on a limb and predict that this place (9 Bernice) will go at least for asking.

6. Posted by EH

This is the first of this style of housing that I’ve ever thought looked too much like a school, and I like a lot of ugly places. Plus, it’s frickin huge.

7. Posted by soccermom

Points for editorial on the headline…

8. Posted by jlasf

Agree with soccermom: headline made me laugh.
    And thanks for the quote, Brahma.
    Well timed listing. Bet they waited for the Facebook
    IPO. Lots of young guys flush with cash right now.
    Bidding war between two guys who have too much money?

9. Posted by curmudgeon

Wow, I love this place, and I am probably one of the few who would love being next to the Eagle (at least the old Eagle…who knows what is next). To bad it’s a couple million or so more than I can afford…

10. Posted by SocketSite

The list price for 9 Bernice has just been reduced $297,000 (8%), now asking $3,298,000.

11. Posted by SocketSite

The sale of 9 Bernice closed escrow today with a reported contract price of $3,050,000 ($492 per square foot), 15 percent under its original ask.