February 27, 2012

Before And After And Back On The Market At 2828 Jackson

2828 Jackson Before and After

Purchased as a 3,747 square foot "sleek contemporary Pacific Heights home" for $3,325,000 in 2007, the original 1980’s façade and interior of 2828 Jackson are history.

2828 Jackson Living

Now, an "exquisitely renovated contemporary" 2828 Jackson Street is back on the market in 2012 listed for $4,200,000 with all new fixtures and finishes in place.

2828 Jackson Kitchen

And yes, in addition to four bedrooms, there's a bit of indoor-outdoor living to boot.

∙ Listing: 2828 Jackson (4/4.5) - $4,200,000 [2828jackson.com]

First Published: February 27, 2012 8:30 AM

Cool house

Posted by: johnny at February 27, 2012 9:09 AM

So it looks like disposable modern architecture has about a quarter century lifetime. Next facelift in the 2030s.

Posted by: The Milkshake of Despair at February 27, 2012 9:31 AM

This was a disaster in its previous condition. They did quite a bit to open it up / clean it up. Much improved. Hard to argue with the exterior renovations. I'd say they did the best they could do. Good luck.

Posted by: eddy at February 27, 2012 10:10 AM

This house was done several years ago, and live in since.
This allows those who like white clean lines to live in Pac Hts without having to suffer through ornament and tradition.
Does not seem overpriced.

Posted by: conifer at February 27, 2012 10:38 AM

Milkshake, I like that as an alternative style description: "disposable modern". Would have been great to apply to 611 Laguna Honda

Although strictly aesthetically speaking I think it works on its own terms and improves upon the previous incarnation.

Posted by: Brahma (incensed renter) at February 27, 2012 11:03 AM

Man, somebody should have landmarked those aluminum pyramids.

Posted by: bernalkid at February 27, 2012 11:21 AM

The price seems high to me but there's probably no stopping prices for sfh in good neighborhoods.

Posted by: unwarrantedinlaw at February 27, 2012 11:34 AM

The price seems OK. Not the best block.

Posted by: eddy at February 27, 2012 11:36 AM

So, has one set of trendy styles merely been replaced by a more current set of trendy styles?

Posted by: jlasf at February 27, 2012 11:46 AM

It's definitely an improvement -- with the exception of that window box, which looks even more stuck-on and purposeless now. I like the interior though (other than the kitchen cabinetry).

Posted by: shza at February 27, 2012 1:45 PM

I think I would have preferred this property two renovations prior, and I wish, like 611 laguna honda, that the remodel(s) were less modern aspirational.

Rather than going for dwellification, or uber modern, just keeping the general bones and modernizing/updating the systems.

I think I'm getting old?

Post-dwellification, it looks too Ikea for me.

Posted by: BillyBalls at February 28, 2012 9:56 PM

The sale of 2828 Jackson has closed escrow with a reported contract price of $4,075,000.

Posted by: SocketSite at June 18, 2012 7:41 AM