July 25, 2011

Inside An Architect’s Home And Studio At 28 Precita

28 Precita

Purchased by Architect Lisa Harvey for $700,000 in April 2000, the 3,092 square foot building with a former store on the first floor has been remodeled into a three-bedroom flat over a (architect’s) studio and work-shop with 18 13 foot ceilings below.

28 Precita: Studio

Back on the market (but not "apples-to-apples") and asking $1,225,000.

∙ Listing: 28 Precita Avenue (3/1 + studio) 3,092 sqft - $1,225,000 [28precita.com] [MLS]

First Published: July 25, 2011 9:45 AM

Much nicer on the inside than you'd guess--it's pretty nondescript from the outside--and the outdoor space is a nice plus. But the real estate jargon always cracks me up (especially from this guy, who seems like a bit of a wanker). I guess it's nice to know that I live in "San Francisco's newest and coolest micro neighborhood", though I'd bet that according to realtors, we all do.

Posted by: vanillablue at July 25, 2011 9:59 AM

I live nearby, I'm a realtor, and I look forward to La Lengua going the way of the dodo.

Posted by: [anon.ed] at July 25, 2011 10:02 AM

I like the idea of living above your studio. The building looks beautiful as well..

Posted by: Lily at July 25, 2011 10:13 AM

They forgot to photoshop the utility lines out of that print on top of the brick wainscot.

Posted by: The Milkshake of Despair at July 25, 2011 10:21 AM

Totally agree with comment #2: Calling a little sliver of land La Lengua instead of simply and proudly calling it part of The Mission is a big joke.

I can't wait for it to fade as well.

Posted by: Modernqueen at July 25, 2011 11:36 AM

Also, even if we are to debate whether La Lengua exists or not (which is unproductive), this house is not in La Lengua, right?

Posted by: sfrenegade at July 25, 2011 12:01 PM

By the way, speaking of realtors, did anyone see this post on the Freakonomics blog? Not that I think those guys are always right, but they posted about new study detailing how much realtor's fees and the way realtors operate anti-competitively are holding back the property market and increasing costs for everyone with little benefit:

The original study:

Posted by: sfrenegade at July 25, 2011 12:21 PM

All debate is productive. Dissing debate is not.

Posted by: Modernqueen at July 25, 2011 12:42 PM

Alas, I wonder whether the paltry amount of work for architects these days is forcing the sale...

Posted by: lee at July 25, 2011 1:20 PM

sfrenegade: correct, Precita is definitely part of Bernal Heights. La Lengua is south of Mission.

Posted by: vanillablue at July 25, 2011 1:29 PM

The eastern border of La Lengua is Mission Street. This house is in NW Bernal.

Posted by: Dan at July 25, 2011 1:34 PM

Like the study @sfrenegade.

Posted by: DanSanFranMan at July 25, 2011 7:01 PM

Nice place. But I don't see how the ceilings in the studio are 18'. 12', maybe.

Posted by: rocco at July 26, 2011 7:18 AM

It was corrected to 13' on the MLS listing but not the website, at least yet.

Posted by: Dan at July 26, 2011 8:47 AM

sfrenegade - great study. using that same time period I can prove that Real Estate only ever goes up. using the past 30 years I can prove that the stock market will always take off on a bull run regardless of any recent drop. using the previous 100 years i can prove that my grandmother will live forever.

Posted by: hangemhi at October 9, 2011 10:57 PM

The sale of 28 Precita has closed escrow with a reported contract price of $1,225,000.

Posted by: SocketSite at February 10, 2012 3:32 PM