28 Precita
Purchased by Architect Lisa Harvey for $700,000 in April 2000, the 3,092 square foot building with a former store on the first floor has been remodeled into a three-bedroom flat over a (architect’s) studio and work-shop with 18 13 foot ceilings below.
28 Precita: Studio
Back on the market (but not “apples-to-apples”) and asking $1,225,000.
∙ Listing: 28 Precita Avenue (3/1 + studio) 3,092 sqft – $1,225,000 [28precita.com] [MLS]

1. Posted by vanillablue

Much nicer on the inside than you’d guess–it’s pretty nondescript from the outside–and the outdoor space is a nice plus. But the real estate jargon always cracks me up (especially from this guy, who seems like a bit of a wanker). I guess it’s nice to know that I live in “San Francisco’s newest and coolest micro neighborhood”, though I’d bet that according to realtors, we all do.

2. Posted by [anon.ed]

I live nearby, I’m a realtor, and I look forward to La Lengua going the way of the dodo.

3. Posted by Lily

I like the idea of living above your studio. The building looks beautiful as well..

4. Posted by The Milkshake of Despair

They forgot to photoshop the utility lines out of that print on top of the brick wainscot.

5. Posted by Modernqueen

Totally agree with comment #2: Calling a little sliver of land La Lengua instead of simply and proudly calling it part of The Mission is a big joke.
    I can’t wait for it to fade as well.

6. Posted by sfrenegade

Also, even if we are to debate whether La Lengua exists or not (which is unproductive), this house is not in La Lengua, right?

7. Posted by sfrenegade

By the way, speaking of realtors, did anyone see this post on the Freakonomics blog? Not that I think those guys are always right, but they posted about new study detailing how much realtor’s fees and the way realtors operate anti-competitively are holding back the property market and increasing costs for everyone with little benefit:
    The original study:

8. Posted by Modernqueen

All debate is productive. Dissing debate is not.

9. Posted by lee

Alas, I wonder whether the paltry amount of work for architects these days is forcing the sale…

10. Posted by vanillablue

sfrenegade: correct, Precita is definitely part of Bernal Heights. La Lengua is south of Mission.

11. Posted by Dan

The eastern border of La Lengua is Mission Street. This house is in NW Bernal.

12. Posted by DanSanFranMan

Like the study @sfrenegade.

13. Posted by rocco

Nice place. But I don’t see how the ceilings in the studio are 18′. 12′, maybe.

14. Posted by Dan

It was corrected to 13′ on the MLS listing but not the website, at least yet.

15. Posted by hangemhi

sfrenegade – great study. using that same time period I can prove that Real Estate only ever goes up. using the past 30 years I can prove that the stock market will always take off on a bull run regardless of any recent drop. using the previous 100 years i can prove that my grandmother will live forever.

16. Posted by SocketSite

The sale of 28 Precita has closed escrow with a reported contract price of $1,225,000.