June 23, 2011

Off The MLS And Onto The Steps For 40 27th Avenue?

40 27th Avenue

Listed for sale asking $3,500,000 last June ("First time on the market in 29 years"). Relisted and reduced to $3,300,000 in October. And last asking $2,995,000 before being withdrawn from the MLS this past April, the Sea Cliff home at 40 27th Avenue which was "completely remodeled in 2004 with top of the line materials" is scheduled to hit the courthouse steps this afternoon with a little over $2 million owed on a $1.8 million first.

40 27th Avenue: Master

In default since September of last year, keep in mind the forced sale of the Sea Cliff home has been postponed due to a bankruptcy filing before and might be once again. But it pays to be prepared. And of course, plugged-in.

First Published: June 23, 2011 10:00 AM

This is how you build garages- easement alleys behind the streets so you don't have to see the ugly things- this property has 10x more street appear because there is no driveway and tacky garage door showing.

Posted by: sf at June 23, 2011 11:40 AM

Yeah, but I much much prefer dramatic entrances where you can pull your Silver Cloud like in Vertigo

Posted by: lol at June 23, 2011 11:54 AM

This seems odd, are there other loans as well? The house has got to be worth more than $2 million, why not just sell it what it's worth, at least there would be some money left over for the current owner... I must be missing something.

Posted by: lyqwyd at June 23, 2011 1:12 PM

sf: Yeah, but that means you give up a significant chunk of the potential back yard instead, not just for the garage but for the alley. I don't know if that's preferable.

Posted by: Alai at June 23, 2011 1:22 PM

When I was in Jr.High one of our assignments was to design the street layout and zoning for about one square mile of city. I decided to include alley access in the residential areas because, well when you're thirteen years old alleys are cool. The teacher made me rework my original design because my alleys were too narrow for the turning radius of the modern American behemoth car. I enlarged the alleys and the resulting design sucked because too much space was removed from the usable yard.

Posted by: The Milkshake of Despair at June 23, 2011 2:06 PM