2840 Broadway (www.SocketSite.com)
As a plugged-in tipster notes, Arthur McLaughlin’s red trucks have been coming and going from the late Dodie Rosenkrans’ Pacific Heights mansion at 2840 Broadway, a Willis Polk designed home adjacent to Ellison’s modern manse on San Francisco’s Billionaire’s Row.
While Sotheby’s is handing the sale of the bulk of the estate’s rather impressive art, jewelry and antiquities collection, let us be the first to tell you it’s Malin who will soon be bringing the Pacific Heights mansion of 17,286 square feet (per tax records) to market.
With 2808 Broadway still on the market for $25,000,000, 2701 Broadway for $32,000,000, 2905 Broadway for $33,900,000, 2901 Broadway for $45,000,000, and 2845 Broadway for $47,000,000, it’s safe to assume the list price for 2840 Broadway will be a bit more than the current tax assessed value of $2,666,615 (purchased for $1.6 million in 1979).
In fact, last year’s tax bill of $30,990 for 2840 Broadway will likely be closer to the monthly tax bill for the property once it changes hands.
UPDATE: Another perspective on the property (dead center below) which looks deceptively “little” from the façade, at least relative to its 17,000 square feet.
2840%20Broadway%20Aerial.jpg
The Collection of Dodie Rosenkrans [sothebys.com]
Friday Fun: Name This House [SocketSite]
2808 Broadway Becomes Official Gold Coast Inventory At $25M [SocketSite]
2701 Broadway: Despite The SFPD A Plugged-In Reader Reports [SocketSite]
Belli Would Be Fired Up As 2950 Broadway Is Reduced By $5,600,000 [SocketSite]
A $3,000,000 Reduction (That Might Not Seem Like So Much To Some) [SocketSite]
2845 Broadway Is Withdrawn In 2010 After 1400 DOM At $65,000,000 [SocketSite]
Save A Collective $21,700,000 On Hyde And Upper Broadway [SocketSite]

1. Posted by taxman

well you have to hand it to old Dodie; at least she died rather than pay the capital gains on that one.

2. Posted by Denis

Yeah, I saw Max coming out of here a few weeks ago, so not totally surprised Malin ended up with the listing. I bet, though, she prices it more reasonably than might be expected and sells it before the end of the summer.
    Maybe Larry should buy it so he won’t have that damned tree blocking his bridge view… Or maybe the Gettys need a 4th house on the block…

3. Posted by eddy

I’ll be surprised if this hits the MLS right away. Interesting article on P13 and Gold Coast taxes. Has this house pegged at $43M!?!?! Maybe we’ll get some mega Billionaire looking to nabe with Larry for the Cup.
    2601 Broadway is finally in contract, fyi.

4. Posted by Rich

Another Big Billionaire’s Row Home…without a garage!

5. Posted by lol

I think the side alley is an entrance to an underground parking.

6. Posted by eddy

Perhaps the most awesome display of FU money in the history of San Francisco. Amazing.

7. Posted by The Milkshake of Despair

Yup, While not quite the same situation as the infamous Crocker spite fence it shows the extent some people will go to get their way.

8. Posted by tc_sf

“All of the newspaper stories reporting that I am buying the house next-door to my San Francisco home for $40 million are untrue,” said Oracle CEO Larry Ellison in the statement. “No one has ever offered to sell me the house next-door for $40 million or any other price. If someone does offer to sell me the house next-door for $40 million or an amount anywhere near $40 million I will not buy it.””

9. Posted by Denis

lol! I wonder how this made it to yahoo? Weird… I like how he drops the $40 million # like 5 times.. My guess is that he WAS interested (at a price under 40 million). the info leaked.. and he walked away in a huff…

10. Posted by eddy

I’d say curbed has some explaining to do. My guess is that he eventually buys it. It seems like buying this place could net you a cool 5-10M just for getting bought out down the road when your roosters keep waking up the neighbors at 4AM.