Trauma No Stopping Sign (www.SocketSite.com)
NBC has cancelled its San Francisco based series “Trauma.” According to The Hollywood Reporter, however, “NBC plans to continue airing the show for now, and will produce all 13 episodes from its current order.”
In other words, you still might get to see the scene shot up around Pacific and Divisadero last week. To which a reader challenges, and we bring it back to real estate, can you guess from inside which Pacific Heights house?
NBC cancels ‘Trauma’; might finish current run [thrfeed.com]

1. Posted by Paul Hwang

I think I feel a tear in my eye.

2. Posted by Rillion

Bah, I wish they would bring back Journeyman.

3. Posted by lolcat_94123

Never saw it, but if “leave it to lamas” can still be on the air I don’t see how the couldn’t make room for this.
    Slightly on-topic, here’s a text I sent to my friend recently:
    “How bad is it that it’s 3am and I just watched an entire episode of Nash Bridges, with special guest star Jeff Fahey of Lawnmower Man fame no-less, purely so I could try and call out the location of every scene/shot?”

4. Posted by sfrenegade

bummer — does this mean they won’t close off random streets in the Financial District and cause gridlock any more?

5. Posted by eddy

I know the house, and it was featured here on SS. But I’ll let the episode air so the guessing game can continue. :-)

6. Posted by EH

i didn’t even know it had premiered until yesterday.

7. Posted by snider

i had to watch one episode since i work in a hospital. they could not even get CPR right; the “trauma” crew was pumping CPR with one hand and checking out cleavage at the same time. we all laughed about it in the ICU the next day.

8. Posted by DanB

I’m grateful for this show being canceled if for no other reason than the number of self-important popinjays bloviating about them getting some goddamned medical procedure that 99.99 percent of the people watching don’t know about and don’t care about will dramatically reduce.

9. Posted by SFer

Saw the pilot episode of the show and if it wasn’t for it being set in SF, I would have turned it off from the get-go. Mind-numbingly horrible show with no plot and poor acting
    As a side note, they were filming it yesterday near Tower Carwash on South Van Ness.

10. Posted by Scooter

Hmmm, was there formerly a recording studio in the basement?

11. Posted by shewolfe

Was it rumored to be foreclosed upon in recent months?

12. Posted by Joshua

Methinks the house was kitty-corner to where this photo was taken…

13. Posted by curmudgeon

I saw about 5 minutes. I had to leave the room after I saw the helicopter trauma units. Um…we don’t even have a hospital helipad in this town. Oh, and the acting was atrocious.

14. Posted by huh?

We have tried to watch a few episodes of the show, but no question it would not have lasted five minutes (before changing the channel) but for the fact it’s set in S.F.
    I remember walking to work the day they shot the ‘hostage’ episode at One Bush Street, not realizing they were filming and thinking there was an actual hostage situation playing out. That episode was okay, but the plotlines in general are pretty thin and none of the acting is compelling.

15. Posted by Dave

I’m with everyone else, I’ve watched a couple episodes, but ONLY because it was filmed here. It’s pretty atrocious. Bad writing, bad acting, bad medicine. And completely unrealistic, since there isn’t a single hospital with a helipad in SF (though SF General, the only trauma center in SF, is trying to get one – hopefully they can win over the NIMBYs.)

16. Posted by Chad

I wouldn’t miss it. Although the “Going Postal in the E-Trade Building” episode was pretty intense.
    I think the show failed mainly because it has this Indian Guy who is “not so hot” playing a lead role and screwing around with the blonde chicks… not happening in real life to any Indian guy I know….
    Sorry !

17. Posted by huh?

Chad – you mean the Indian guy named “Cliff Curtis”? Agreed he’s not necessarily an appealing character, but I’m not sure he’s Indian.
    By the way, your blanket statement about an entire enthnic group is about as absurd as me saying I’m never heard of anyone named Chad getting laid, ever!

18. Posted by huh?

Cliff Curtis is of Maori descent and from New Zealand -

19. Posted by SocketSite

Okay, “huh?” beat us to it and we think s/he handled the (mis)stereotyping thing pretty well. So we’re dropping a few of the comments that followed and moving the discussion back to “Trauma.” Or perhaps that house…

20. Posted by eddy

2 people guessed it.

21. Posted by Joshua

^ and who do you think guessed it correctly?

22. Posted by someone

I drove by there a week ago and so them getting equipment to this house Eddy was referring to.
    That reminded me to check PropertyShark to see whether anyone made a move at the courthouse and the answer is NO.
    Chevy Chase bank got it for a round 8 digit. Maybe NBC paid them few months of interest the previous owner forgot to pay.

23. Posted by eddy

Original owners still occupy the home and were there last night handing out candy.

24. Posted by nowonderitcostssomuchhere

It was wonderful mind-candy. Two explosions in the pilot caught the attention of my inner 15 year old boy. I am a little bit sad. It would have been fun to have something like this on tv again. I’m sure that whatever replaces it will be equally turdy but it won’t blow stuff up. Boohooo.

25. Posted by plantguy

It did seem like a terrible show and yes it is annoying when film crews take over a neighborhood for shooting (my condo neighbor went ballistic over it)
    All that being said, these tv and film events bring huge revenue to the city and employ many locals.

26. Posted by SocketSite

The latest plot twist (and perhaps more interesting than any written for the show): while perhaps on life support, “Trauma” was never actually cancelled.

27. Posted by eddy

Did the episode with the PH home ever air?

28. Posted by Bonbon

‘Trauma‘ is being revived, reports Deadline Hollywood. NBC informed producers this week that they will indeed produce all 13 episodes of the show’s original order — and order additional episodes as well.