Name That House
It’s not quite as difficult as the single deck shot challenge a plugged-in tipster nailed a while back, but it’s a “name that house” challenge nonetheless. Four pictures above, a bit of verbiage below:

Boasting approximately 6,000 square feet of living space, this extraordinary Pacific Heights home is semi-detached and sits on an over sized 5,312 square foot lot…Once the home of US Senator Dianne Feinstein during her term as Mayor of San Francisco, this stunning home boasts superior architectural detail…[and a] Thomas Church designed landscaped garden.

Bonus points for estimating the “coming soon” price (five bedrooms, four full and two half baths, two car parking). Double bonus points for correctly calling when it lands in contract and for how much.
UPDATE: And we have a winner (2030 Lyon):
2030 Lyon (www.SocketSite.com)
The bonus points are still up for grabs.
Coming Soon In Cow Hollow (But We Want To Know Now) [SocketSite]

1. Posted by eddy

Is this the house on Washington by the Presidio listed by Sotherbys but not on MLS? $18M or something whacky like that with no view?

2. Posted by eddy

Nope, just check and the house I was thinking of is much bigger and actually does have a view.

3. Posted by kassieopia

That would be the house on the corner of…Arguello Circle and the Presidio, to the side of the big Jewish Synagoge on the corner of Lake St and The Presidio…
    Does Feinstein still live there?

4. Posted by Ed

It’s on Lyon Street Between Washington and Clay. 2030 Lyon.
    [Editor’s Note: We have a winner (and a full exterior photo has been added above). The bonus points, however, are still up for grabs.]

5. Posted by The Milkshake of Despair

The “coming soon” price ? easy !
    6000 sq.ft. * $1000/sq.ft = $6,000,000
    Which is too big and scary of a number, so a token amount will be lopped off : $5,950,000
    Closing price depends on the close date. Lets hope that the seller and agent are realistic enough to move this home within 3 months (reasonable for such a big property). Closing price is $4,200,000

6. Posted by Ryan

Wow, Feinstein has really moved up, hasn’t she? After this Presidio Terrace, and now her $16MM place in PH… This place is peanuts compared to what she is now.

7. Posted by Sleepiguy

I’m embarrassed to admit that I had NO idea where this house was located. I don’t think Lyon is that great of a location, so I’ll say it comes on the market at 5.5. I think you might be able to sell it for 4.5, but 4.2 is more realistic.
    Eddy, can you e-mail me with the house you mentioned on Washington?

8. Posted by NoeValleyJim

It is scary how much MoD and I think alike some times. I was going to guess $6M asking price as well, but think that it will sell for $4.8M. It won’t sell until spring though, no point in even listing it right now.

9. Posted by Ryan

Last sale 5/96 for 1.575MM

10. Posted by eddy

Sleepiguy — I linked to the property in my name above in case it doesn’t work here:
    It’s also on Sothebys website: Web #: 0084031
    It also says: MLS ID#0084031 but I don’t see it on the MLS.
    There seem to be quite a few properties on there that are NOT on MLS. Nice :-(
    [Editor's Note: Now That’s How To Flip Renovate Flip? (3701 Washington)]

11. Posted by eddy

This site is a treasure trove of history. The $17.5M price is certainly off the charts now and not even close to realistic.

12. Posted by The Milkshake of Despair

NoeValleyJim – The secret is out. We non-motorist tech geeks who read socketsite share a single brain. Or maybe one single brain cell.

13. Posted by eddy

The sky in the full house pic looks P-Chopped, but it could be legit too. Are photo’s with the Socketsite (C) actually taken by the site? Just curious.
    After reading Barbara’s full description on SoSF it’s clear that she isn’t going for sub 1k psf here (although I would be very surprised if this home sells for more than $1k psf). So I’ll venture a guess of $1200psf = $7.2M. It would be a mistake to price it this high but honestly, BC always surprises me with her selling prices. My guess on close price will be $999psf = $5.9M. This 999 has my BC factor applied. I actually think that it will be a major stretch for this place to get into contract above $5M. Sleepiguy prob has the right market pricing, but no way it comes on the market near the 4.2-4.5 range.
    What can we redeem these “bonus points” for exactly? :-)
    Happy Holidays

14. Posted by The Milkshake of Despair

The photo looks legit to me especially since it carries the SocketSite.com copyright. As far as I know the crack SocketSite photography department does not use photoshop to modify images.

15. Posted by eddy

Are you suggesting that there is actually a SS Photog Dept, and that they are on Crack? :-)

16. Posted by EBGuy

It is scary how much MoD and I think alike some times.
    Yikes… I’ve been assimilated (probably much to MoDs surprise ;-)

17. Posted by SocketSite

You are correct. We’ve been known to color correct and sharpen (or blur when appropriate), but we don’t swap out skies or otherwise modify.
    And yes, photos that carry the SocketSite copyright are taken by the site. Now back to the topic at hand…

18. Posted by NoeValleyJim

Yeah, I read that book too. Either it or VALIS really blew my mind, I read them back to back and can’t quite keep them straight in my recollection of them….