2245 9th Avenue: Exterior
It’s a Henry Hill home up in Forest Hill that you’ve seen before. The only difference now? Expectations and asking price (just reduced $100,000 or 7%).
∙ Listing: 2245 9th Ave (3/2.5) – $1,295,000 [MLS]
Flamboyant modernism: Henry Hill’s stellar taste and love… [SFGate]
And After the Power Outage And Subsequent Storm…A Pool! [SocketSite]

1. Posted by majr

This place has HOA dues, so it must be shared, which stinks. Plus, it looks like a time warp trip to the 70’s with nothing touched since. Yuck.

2. Posted by pvc

some SFRs have HOA dues to go to neighborhood associations

3. Posted by Jake

What’s a Henry Hill home? Code name for an ugly house? Blech….

4. Posted by Ryan

another million-dollar down-to-the-studs remod…

5. Posted by fred

The HOAs in Forest Hill are small as they don’t do much. There are a lot of these weird 60’s style modern homes there that need complete makeovers and the price reflects it. A lot of them are up against hills and have no light in the backyard as well. This house has a fairly good view out the front window, but again is a time warp which has limited appeal. Nice large two car garage though. This has been sitting for quite a while. Probably goes for 1.2M. Andrew Herrera sells most of the houses in this area and tends not to over price things, from what I have seen.

6. Posted by gor'jus

This place is great.

7. Posted by Tim

Yeah, those are annual HOA dues, not monthly. ($236/year or so.) They help maintain the neighborhood’s steps, pay for water and landscaping of green areas, etc.

8. Posted by majr

Thanks for clarifying the HOA fees. They have the clubhouse that you can rent out which is a bonus of membership too. I just don’t really like all these fees everywhere you turn in home ownership. But I guess it is the price you pay to live in an area like we do.

9. Posted by noearch

this is a classic, mid-century modern home..very nice, original character and most materials intact. yes, it will need some remodeling of the kitchen and baths, but hopefully a new owner will respect and preserve the architectural character.
    beautiful site with mature landscaping and privacy.
    I love this one.

10. Posted by Foolio

7% is a very nice cut for this one. I bet it sells quickly now.
    Oh, and forget DWR. Put the $100k into the kitchen and baths.

11. Posted by lefty

i sure hope this one sells soon. it has an interesting story, and the sweetest little old lady is selling it. i’m surprised that no mid-century fetishist has snapped it up yet. see also 2209 9th for another henry hill home.

12. Posted by Conifer

Not my taste, but a well-known esthetic, now called “mid-century modern.” Not “modernized”. Very good house for the right person, with a sensibility to preserve the best of it. They do not mention the square footage, however.

13. Posted by Mole Man

Retractable roof, ZOMG!

14. Posted by Michael

“Andrew Herrera sells most of the houses in this area and tends not to over price things, from what I have seen.”
    So the neighborhood expert isn’t known for over pricing but had to reduce the price on this place by $100K? That should tell you something about the market.

15. Posted by fred

I would say prices in this area are down 200K easily (about 15%).

16. Posted by Tim

Great looking house, at least from the MLS pictures. Though I’m wondering about the views looking out from the windows. Are those Photoshopped or real?

17. Posted by The Milkshake of Despair

My guess is that they are real but exposure compensated (HDR or blended) images.
    I think that people would cry bloody murder if a listing showed a fake view perspective from a window.

18. Posted by lolcat_94123

A Henry Hill home? As in, “As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster.”
    Nice place, kinda fugly but that retractable roof rocks. What’s the scoop on the neighborhood?

19. Posted by palm

If MCM is your style this house is great. But the bathrooms are totally schizo. The first one looks like it was pasted in from a turn of the century bordello. The other two remind me of the DIY jobs that were slapped into my mom’s old Victorian in the mid-1970s (before she bought it). Those are some painful memories, too; chief among them is the day in middle school when the shower wall–just drywall, never tiled; I was too young and my mom too ignorant to see the problem there–fell down into the tub while I was showering. Good times!

20. Posted by xemdesign

I love this house! Even with its 70s-era vibe. It could use some updates. But if anything, I would strip away some of the incongruous touches from previous years and take it back to a more modern/minimal aesthetic. Forest Hills is a nice area, but there’s quite a hodgepodge of house styles there, most being some kind of faux-chateau style. This one at least has potential.

21. Posted by Socketsiteaddict

This house is now in escrow for $1.2 million.

22. Posted by SocketSite

2245 9th Avenue has officially closed escrow with a reported contract price of $1,200,000.