January 28, 2008

It’s Not Our Style (Or Scale) But A Few Might Find Them (Or It) Sexy

2705 Larkin: Stairs

While we happen to favor more of a Lundberg staircase aesthetic, there’s a few that might find these quite sexy. And sorry folks, but unless a plugged-in reader helps us out, we can't credit the architect(s) responsible for the work.

And while it might simply be the photography, we can’t help but wonder if fewer floors (there are six) and a bit more ceiling height might have been within the realm of possibilities when “transforming” this property back in 2004 (and how it might have benefited the scale and proportions of the rooms).

∙ Listing: 2705 Larkin (4/6) - $9,500,000 [MLS]
Inside Lundberg’s Modern Manse On Jackson [SocketSite]

First Published: January 28, 2008 9:57 AM

best stairways in town Holly Hulburd:

Posted by: rw at January 28, 2008 10:26 AM

If I see this EXACT same staged furniture in one more house....

Also, the facade of this house is mess.

Posted by: Sleepiguy at January 28, 2008 10:41 AM

I love all these staircases.

I like this one better than the Lundberg, only because the other one is so cold... but that's just my aesthetic style.

I still personally would never have a glass walled staircase (FINGERPRINTS! Ack)

but I'd love to look at somebody ELSE's beautiful staircase like that!

I sometimes have to wonder though, do the newer designers expect anybody to LIVE in these homes? Or do you all have a maid that comes by every day?

I guess for $10M you have a daily maid.

regardless, the staircase is beautiful

Posted by: ex SF-er at January 28, 2008 10:58 AM

"If I see this EXACT same staged furniture in one more house.... "

You are so right about this! Even the "art" is beginning to all look the same. Do Realtors or Stagers have some stock in DWR, Room and Board or West Elm?

Posted by: anonandon at January 28, 2008 11:28 AM

Yeah- the ceilings could be taller, but it's still a nice house. I loved curved staircases.

Posted by: StockBoySF at January 28, 2008 7:05 PM

Not a big fan of the 8 foot ceilings here - don't need to pay $10M for that - just go to Motel 6

Posted by: Robert at January 29, 2008 1:08 AM

And it's pending.... That didn't take long.

I take back what I said about ugly staging!!!!

Posted by: Sleepiguy at February 5, 2008 10:46 PM