December 27, 2007

Now Would That Be A Pre Or Post Prison Martha Stewart Design?

57 West Shore Road: Deck

We know, we know, not everyone is in the market for an eleven million dollar Belvedere "compound." So how about a more modest $5,600,000 waterfront Belvedere home "personally designed by Martha Stewart, a friend of the current owner in the style of a 'Luxury loft'" with a "gourmet kitchen personally designed by chef Michael Chiarello?"

57 West Shore: Dining

And as if those two aren't names enough: "For the full price, seller will consider including the furniture including Dakota Jackson and Holly Hunt designer items from Randolph and Hein and Kneedler Faucher, custom built Honduras mahogany dining table and Parisi Chaise Lounge with Design Tex swayed fabric."

Oh, and the "beautiful mahogany used to build the dresser and bed in the master bedroom was originally earmarked to make Gibson guitar[s]."

∙ Listing: 57 West Shore Road, Belvedere (4/3.5) - $5,600,000 [Olivia Hsu Decker]
Sitting On A Deck (Or A Dock) By The Bay: 210 Beach Road [SocketSite]

First Published: December 27, 2007 8:21 AM

It's pre-prison.

Posted by: vox at December 27, 2007 9:22 AM

OOPS! Pick up that name you dropped!

Posted by: me at December 27, 2007 11:38 AM

Reminds me of Miami and not in a bad way. Find me something like this in SF proper and I'll take it.

Posted by: SB at December 27, 2007 11:56 AM

wow. I absolutely love this place. not much more to say than that.

I wonder how often the wall of windows can be opened??? is it usually foggy there? or pretty warm and sunny?

regardless, I'd take that place even if there were cold and fog 80% of the time!

Posted by: ex SF-er at December 27, 2007 11:56 AM

I'd take two of these $5.6M places rather than the $11M one featured yesterday. This is the sunny side of the island with much better views. The $11M compound was obviously pretty cool - but it's also literally cool as it's in shade most of the day this time of year. The pictures were probably taken on June 21. No great city or bridge views either. I'd hate to pay the property taxes on either place let alone the mortgage. Fascinating listings though.

Posted by: FSBO at December 27, 2007 1:02 PM

Although the furniture descriptions are a little over-the-top, the broker did a beautiful job with the listing.

Posted by: Guest at December 27, 2007 1:27 PM

I have to agree Guest. I can totally envision myself living in this home.

Contrast this listing with the countless listings we've seen with poor lighting, poor staging, etc...

Posted by: ex SF-er at December 27, 2007 3:51 PM

Man...need to find me a Sugar Momma. Heck, I'd even switch to a Sugar Daddy to live in that place.

Posted by: weatherman at December 27, 2007 5:16 PM

http://www.businessweek.com/2000/00_47/b3708039.htm confirms the realtor's claims

Nice looking place IMO

Posted by: Someone at December 27, 2007 7:33 PM

I've been to this house before, it's pretty sweet. Pretty much the whole thing is over the water, and the best part is the speed boat which easily lowers into the water to go water skiing. The bay is shallow in that area and it wasn't nearly as cold as I thought it might be.

Posted by: cyclin at December 27, 2007 9:39 PM

All that stuff they wrote and they misspelled SUEDE?

Posted by: Jean at December 28, 2007 7:18 PM

57 West Shore has sold at $5.4M after 77 DOM. I wonder if that includes the Gibson mahogany dresser as the website implied that only a "full price" offer would get the furniture. Not sure if this data point indicates much for the rest of the market, but it does seem to be a rather spectacular property.

Posted by: FSBO at December 28, 2007 8:01 PM

The interior of this place is BORING- but the outside/views are gorgeous

Posted by: Kat at December 29, 2007 3:42 AM

I have only one word to say to a property like this: Brrrrrrrrr!

Posted by: [baywind] at January 2, 2008 1:15 AM

this did sell for 5.6about, new owners luck-e!

Posted by: moby at January 30, 2008 4:37 PM