May 31, 2007

From Renderings To Reality (3130 Pacific)

3130 Pacific: Living Room

From renderings (when it was listed at $12,000,000) to reality (it’s now listed at $12,495,000), 3130 Pacific has officially hit the MLS. Think Arts & Crafts style with modern amenities (radiant heat and elevator); 8,429 square feet (including home theater, sauna/steam room, and full floor master suite with rooftop terrace and spa); and the Presidio as your back yard.

And if you’re waiting for the even larger (10,260 square feet) sister property next door to hit the MLS, don’t bother. 3100 Pacific closed escrow last week (was asking $15,000,000).

UPDATE: We were lucky enough to score a showing of 3130, and if it’s in your price range you might want to take a look (even if you’re not into new construction). Other than the gas fireplaces (for which you can thank the city), the home offers all the warmth and woodwork of a classic Arts & Crafts abode. And overlooking the Presidio really doesn't suck.

∙ Listing: 3130 Pacific (5/5.75) 8,429 sqft - $12,495,000 [Sotheby's] [Tom Biss]
∙ Listing: 3100 Pacific (6/8) 10,260 sqft - $15,000,000 (sold) [Tom Biss]

First Published: May 31, 2007 5:30 AM

That hot tub looks a bit tacky for a 12.5M residence.

Posted by: Salarywoman at May 31, 2007 6:10 PM

Is it just me or does the place for $15M seem a heck of a lot better than the place at $12.5?

I've been by both these properties, and I don't understand how this property is selling for 2.5M less than the monster next door, 3100. I think 3130 is over priced as a result.

Posted by: eddy at May 31, 2007 6:24 PM

I like that the architect and contractors actually looked at other houses on that block in order to create a home that feels as though it has always been there. It may not have the greatest facade, but it doesn't seem out of place and is fairly well thought out. Good luck!

Posted by: Sleepiguy at May 31, 2007 7:19 PM

This one is much nicer than the monstrosity on the corner. The Dude's rug would fit right in and I can stroll on down to the Presidio lanes. Very impressive indeed.

Posted by: TheDude at June 5, 2007 12:30 PM

How do you get a tour of a place like this? I am sorry that I cannot honestly say that I am a serious buyer...

Posted by: NoeValleyJim at June 13, 2007 12:30 AM